Health related issues for people with a disability are not uncommon, and often impact on their ability to independence and choice under the NDIS. The NDIA recognised this last year and in October 2019, included an additional range of disability-related health supports to purchase using NDIS funding, if they are a regular part of the Participant’s life and a result of their disability.
Many of these health-related disability supports can be claimed using existing line items for disability support workers and therapists (including OTs, physiotherapists, psychologists, ECEI specialists, dieticians and exercise physiologists).
Here’s a dietetic example of how we can now provide additional allied health-related support services.
“With a PEG the role of a dietitian is working out the feeding regimes. We don’t do tube changes or assist in maintenance of the PEG, but we do give advice on water flushes of the tubes which is just a part of PEG management. The main care for a PEG is done by medical of nursing staff. We can also assist care facilities on developing or reviewing their PEG policies”
Shirley Webber, Senior Dietitian Empower Dietitian
Empower Healthcare’s Range of Disability-Related Allied Health Supports
Empower Healthcare provides the following services for these health-related supports and can discuss how these supports can be assessed and implemented.
Podiatry Disability-Related Health Supports
- Assessment, development, implementation and periodic review of a podiatry care plan by an NDIS-funded suitably qualified and competent clinician
- Training of an NDIS-funded suitably qualified and competent worker to implement the podiatry care plan and perform any required daily maintenance and care related to the plan
Diabetic Management Disability-Related Health Supports
- Development and periodic review of a diabetic management plan by an NDIS-funded suitably qualified and competent clinician
- Implementation of a diabetic management plan and daily maintenance and care by an NDIS-funded suitably qualified and competent worker
- Training of an NDIS-funded suitably qualified and competent worker to implement a diabetic management plan
Nutrition Disability-Related Health Supports
- Dietetic consultations and the development and periodic review of a nutritional meal plan by an NDIS-funded suitably qualified and competent clinician
- Implementation of a nutritional meal plan by an NDIS-funded suitably qualified and competent worker
- Training of an NDIS-funded suitably qualified and competent worker to implement the nutritional meal plan
- Provision of PEG maintenance and care by a suitably qualified and competent worker
- Training of an NDIS-funded suitably qualified and competent worker to provide PEG maintenance and care
Wound and Pressure Care Disability-Related Health Supports
- Wound care and pressure care (including pressure injury management) by an NDIS-funded suitably qualified and competent worker.
For more information, download the Department of Social Services fact sheet
Let Us Help You with All Your NDIS Needs
As a registered NDIS provider with experience in the assessment & treatment of a variety of conditions and strong partnerships with leading equipment and home modification providers, we can facilitate all your allied health needs provisioned under the NDIS.
We assist NDIS participants from 10 – 64 years of age.
Our convenient, NDIS services range from provide clients with high quality occupational therapy, physiotherapy, podiatry, and dietetics, and in the comfort of their own environment.
These services also include timely and effective communication to support the administration of your clients’ funds.
We want your client’s to experience the best allied health services, and stay independent, happy, healthy in their own home.
We Understand Your NDIS Needs and Deliver
Rapid Response – that’s our service guarantee
- We acknowledge all NDIS referrals within 4 hours.
- Appointments are booked within 48 hours.
- Initial appointments completed within 14 days of referral.
Continuity of Care
- The same clinician will be assigned to all appointments for a consumer.
- We update Case Managers on the same day or within 24 hours of initial appointment.
Cost Effective Services
- There are no hidden fees.
- Our pricing includes travel, treatment and documentation time.
Professional and Friendly Team
- We take the time to get to know every consumer, allowing us to create meaningful care plans to support their life goals.
- We are experts in co-ordinating services provided through the NDIS and scheduling private consultations.
Our NDIS Service Regions
- Greater Metropolitan Melbourne and surrounds
- Mornington Peninsula
- Geelong & the Bellarine Peninsula
- Greater Metropolitan Perth and surrounds
Learn more on our NDIS Services
How To Arrange NDIS Services With Empower
Our friendly support team to get started on (03) 9583 1364